October 23rd, 2014
As a Florida resident, it’s inevitable that you’ll encounter some bugs in your home from time to time; as many of these creatures like the warmth of the climate and will naturally seek out the shade and shelter that your house has to offer.
Whilst many creatures are completely harmless, there are a few that are distinctly unpleasant to have in the home, particularly if they decide to set up permanent residence and reproduce. Here is our list of the top undesirable pests to have in your home.
5 Unwanted Pests in Your House
- Spiders. Whilst most spiders are perfectly harmless, there are two types in particular that you don’t want setting up home in your property. The Brown Recluse and both types of Widow Spider (Black and Brown) are highly venomous and can even cause fatalities.
- Rats. Rats are disease-carrying animals, and some even carry Weil’s disease, which is potentially life-threatening. If this wasn’t bad enough, rats also like to gnaw on furniture and through walls.
- Fleas. If you’ve got a pet, then your house is particularly at risk of fleas. Fleas can often be found in carpets and rugs and are biting insects, which makes them especially unpleasant. Many humans are allergic to flea bites, and pets can contract ringworm from eating them, so it’s a good idea to get rid of this house-guest as swiftly as possible.
- Roaches. Cockroaches are known for their survival skills, which can make them tricky to get rid of. However, you certainly won’t want them staying for long, as they contaminate surfaces with their feces and sometimes carry disease.
- Ants. Some ants, particularly fire ants, are capable of producing a painful bite, and often contaminate food in the kitchen, making them rather unwelcome pests in the home.
Pest Control Solutions in Tampa Bay, Florida
If you’ve got a problem with pests in the home, get in touch with us today by calling 813-684-7336. One of our expert pest controllers will visit your home and provide you with the ideal solution for ridding your house of any unwanted pests.
Share the post "Unwanted House Guests: The 5 Worst Pests to Have in Your Home"
Already a Customer? Sign In Here