December 01st, 2013
Homemade Pest Control
None of us want to put our families in danger by using harmful products in or around the home. Your lawn is a great place to start integrating organic, homemade pest control remedies into your home’s routine.
Homemade pest control remedies are all natural and cost effective. You’ll know exactly what your family and pets are coming into contact with. Many homemade pest controls have been used to great effect to control pests, and include such everyday items as garlic and cayenne.
Here are some pests you can get rid of today with these easy to prepare remedies.
- Soft-Bodied Insects—After mixing a tablespoon of canola oil with a few drops of liquid soap in a quart of water, pour the solution into a spray bottle. This solution smothers the insects.
- Grubs—For lawn and garden grubs, milky spore is the perfect natural remedy. Milky spore’s granules are spread upon the soil. It makes the grubs susceptible to a disease which kills them. Milky spores multiply over the years and continue to kill grubs that come into contact with it. Milky spore will keep your lawn grub free for 40 years!
- Mites—Let a mixture of two tablespoons of hot pepper sauce or cayenne pepper in a quart of water with a few drops of liquid soap sit overnight. Stir and pour into a spray bottle.
- Earwigs and Slugs—Purchase powdered diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it over your lawn or plants. The diatoms particles are small and sharp and harm the exoskeletons of insects like slugs, earwigs and snails. Pests cannot become immune to this remedy.
- Fungal Diseases—Pour a mixture of two tablespoons of baking soda mixed with a quart of water into a spray bottle.
- Powdery Mildew—In a spray bottle, mix equal parts milk and water. Apply spray as needed to lawn or plants.
These proven, organic homemade pest control remedies are a fantastic way to deal with a variety of pests in your garden or lawn. You can rest easy knowing that your pets and family can enjoy your lawn safely.
Share the post "For Your Lawn: Homemade Pest Control"